Contractor and affiliate members earned awards in recognition of sound safety practices.
Each year, the Excellence in Accident Prevention Awards are presented to SCCA contractor and affiliate
members that have submitted statistical data demonstrating an above-average safety record resulting from sound safety practices.
At this year’s Safety Awards Banquet, held at the Phoenix Club, 28 contractor and affiliate members were presented with Excellence in Accident Prevention Awards, up from 23 in 2019. Congratulations to Larry Pim and the SCCA Safety Committee for their efforts in raising awareness of the importance of this event, which resulted in a record registration of 167 and a significant increase in the number of companies that received the award this year.
The guest speaker, Health and Safety Expert Richard McElhany, gave a moving and eye-opening presentation about the importance of companies taking the extra time to ensure proper documentation is completed and keeping employees from cutting corners that could result in serious injury or even death.
Excellence in Accident Prevention Award — Zero Incidents
- A Power Sweeping – their second consecutive year to receive the award.
- Addison Equipment Rental – Addison has earned the award three years in a row.
- BHC Crane – This is BHC’s fourth consecutive award.
- C.A. Rasmussen
- Cattrac Construction
- Conco Pumping
- Crane Rental Service
- HD Construction Equipment – their third consecutive award.
- J. Mack Enterprises.
- JMH Engineering & Construction – This is their second consecutive award.
- Kroner Environmental Services – Kroner has earned this award eight consecutive years.
- Mission Paving and Sealing
- National Ready Mixed Concrete
- Nor-Cal Pipeline Services
- Power One Engineering – their fourth consecutive year to receive the award.
- Salsbury Engineering – Salsbury has earned this award eight years in a row.
- Zefiro Corporation
Excellence in Accident Prevention Award – Minimal Incidents
- Alcorn Fence
- Ames Construction
- Bragg Companies – Bragg has earned this award six years in a row.
- Coastline Equipment
- Pavement Recycling Systems
- Powell Constructors
- Riverside Construction – This is their fourth consecutive award.
- Sukut Construction – Sukut has earned this award six consecutive years.
- Sully-Miller Contracting
- West Coast Sand & Gravel – This is their third consecutive award.
Albert H. Atwood Safety Achievement Award
The Albert H. Atwood Safety Achievement Award is presented in recognition of distinctive achievement by a company, individual or crew that made a substantial contribution in safety and accident prevention.
The 2018 Albert H. Atwood Safety Achievement Award was presented to Conco Pumping.